Making a List
If I ask you to make a list of your books you should include the following for each item:
- Author. If there are several, the first will usually do.
- Title. As it appears on the title page (i.e. not from the cover or dust jacket). The main title is fine, no need for lengthy subtitles.
- Date of publication. As printed on the title page. If the only date in the book is the copyright date, please include it and write "c.r."
- Publisher. If there are several, just list the first.
- Any statements of edition that might appear in the book (usually on the title or copyright page), such as "first edition," "second printing," "enlarged and revised," etc.
- Dust jacket. If there is one present, please note this.
- Any significant problems with the condition that are obvious to you including heavy soiling, wear, or damage to the covers, pages, or dust jacket. No need for a lengthy description, just briefly note major issues (e.g. "front cover detached," "heavy soil to covers," "pages torn and tape repaired," "underlining to text," etc.)